10 K Run For Japan
I am so glad to be a part of Otsuka’s “Run For Japan” last April 17, 2011 at Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila. I was really excited to join this running event because it’s not only a fitness activity but an outreach program as well. All the proceeds of the said event will go to the Red Cross of Japan to help the victims of the recent calamities there.
So, I was really glad Sir Hector of Sibs Publishing Company made a way to include me in this fun run.
What made it so memorable?
1. It was my first time to join a fun run in Metro Manila. “Run for Japan” was held at the Global City of Taguig.
2. It was my first 10 K run. I was really apprehensive at first because I’ve only had 5 K running experience before, but I wanted to go with my colleagues so I decided to join the 10 K event.
3. It was my first to run being the only girl in the group… well, at least, in our “team”.
4. It was my first time to join a fun run having only 1 hour of sleep. The night before the event, my co-teachers (the girls) went to a comedy bar and went back to the minitel at 1:30 am. I slept at 2 am (because I still have to prepare my running stuff) and woke up at 3 am because we have to be at the venue (Global City) by 4 am. Good thing it did not kill me! hehehehe.
5. I finished the 10 K run in 1 hour and 15 minutes. They said it’s not bad for a beginner like me. That was a good start.🙂
My first 10 K run was successful!!🙂 Looking forward to more runs soon! Next Target? 15 K!
By the way, the event raised P500,000.00 to be donated to Japan. Great advocacy eh? Yes!🙂