The Crooner and The Comedienne Concert
It was night of music and humor! Richard Poon’s singing prowess + Pokwang’s comedic acts made the audience go WOW!
At 6:30 pm on December 19, 2010, I was already at LimKetKai Mall for the much-awaited concert of my ultimate love, the big band crooner, Richard Poon. A little while, the gates opened at the atrium and I went inside the venue. I bought a ticket worth P1000.00 so I seated near the stage. Luckily, at almost 7:30 pm, the ushers told us (the people at the P1000 area) to transfer at the P1,500.00 area since there were only few people seated there. This time, I was nearer the stage.
When an opening act was made by a fellow Kagayanon, my excitement grew higher! I knew in a short while, my love will be out! True indeed, Mr. Poon went to the stage first. I could not help but be amazed with him…once again! I was starstrucked… again! I was not even able to take lots of photos and videos because I was just in awe the whole time. Kilig to the bones really! Especially when he started singing some of the standards I so love. RP’s just so natural when it comes to these classics.🙂🙂🙂
Marrki Stroem (Pilipinas Got Talent contestant and Richard’s classmate at the Cornerstone Talent Management Center) went out the stage and began to mesmerize the audience with his classical ala Josh Groban voice.The guy’s got the looks, the wit, and the talent to excel in the business. He’ll go a long, long way for sure. After awhile, Richard went onstage again and they had a duet.
Pokwang was the last to went onstage but I knew most of the audience were waiting for her. True indeed, Pokwang has a natural ability to make us laugh… real hard. The lines were spontaneous and the body movements were well crafted. Pokwang can even sing too. She also joined Richard and Marrki in the singing at the finale. She’s just great!🙂
Again, it was a night of wonderful music and humor! Even though I went there alone, I had a great time!🙂🙂🙂
Song list (with some of the videos I took during the concert)
By Richard Poon
1. Moon River
2. Portrait of My Love – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwzBfcn2-E
3. Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdyioAzUHSE
5. We’ll always be together (Electric Dreams)
6. Just Got Lucky
7. Always something there to remind me
8. OPM medley (Kung Liligaya Ka, Isang Linggong Pag-ibig, Sayang, Tukso)
9. All The Way – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW9b4AiDZcA
By Marrki Stroem
1. Broken Vow – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlPwA8uGQo
2. Oh Holy Night
By Richard Poon and Marrki Stroem
1. What A Wonderful World – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JegYqhuaO0
1. Bad Romance
1. Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You –http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBIZukZN8VI